Invictus, Poem

Yes, I'm a little outdated with the movies I watched but at least I watched them. Oh, the movie is called Invictus.

I went to college today. I thought I wanted to consult the lecturer at the same time I needed to pass the stickers to a friend and have a look at M.I.A's diploma show.

In the end, I went to the gallery, passed the stickers but did not consult the lecturer. *shifty eyes*

Oh! I totally forgot to return the wayyyyyyyyyyy over due library magazines. *shifty eyes again* Must make mental note to call library up...and I'm doing a library project..=P 

Anway, came home with my mind somewhere else. I drove to college thinking," what am I going to do?!" Well because I was not prepared and Monday is D Day. Like Doomsday, Death Day, Judgement Day, "THE" Day...etc. ergh. few scenarious happened on the way there and back. Even one the way back, I mind was elsewhere. You know how dangerous that is? =/

So I came home, had my lunch and I switched on the TV. (yes typical me and my love for TV) haha. But halfway the reception got bad so I decided to watch a movie. I watched INVICTUS starring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. Goshh Matt Damon was buff..omg.



One thing strike me was when he said (Morgan Freeman's character, Nelson Mandela) 

'I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul

and I loved that part. 

So Invictus is actually a poem. Due to my laziness I shall type no further and let you enjoy the poem itself.




Invictus


Out of the night that covers me, 
Black as the Pit from pole to pole, 
I thank whatever gods may be 
For my unconquerable soul. 

In the fell clutch of circumstance 
I have not winced nor cried aloud. 
Under the bludgeonings of chance 
My head is bloody, but unbowed. 

Beyond this place of wrath and tears 
Looms but the Horror of the shade, 
And yet the menace of the years 
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid. 

It matters not how strait the gate, 
How charged with punishments the scroll. 
I am the master of my fate: 
I am the captain of my soul.


William Ernest Henley

Comments